Advertising on Silicon Valley Pocket PC
While this isn't a site that exists primarily to make money off of ads, we do accept some limited advertising. The following sections describe what kind of ads we accept, where they go and what they cost.
What Advertising Formats Do You Accept?
Currently only banner ads. The ad should be a standard landscape banner size (468 x 60 pixels), although some small variances are acceptable. It can be JPG, GIF or PNG, but not Flash. If it's animated, it should be subtle, not garish.
All ads must be approved before posting on the site. The page the ad links to must also be approved.
Where Will The Ad Be Displayed?
The banner will appear at the top of each page listed in the navigation bar except for the About page (and the RSS feed). It will not be available on the following pages:
- Privacy & Legal
- Product review pages linked to from the Reviews page (they use a different template)
- Forum pages (they also use a different template)
- Pages generated after using forms (like the Contact, Donation or Search forms)
- Error pages
Ads will not be shown in the following limited circumstances:
- To users who have donated to the site within the last year (a very small number of people)
- When a Web page is printed (to save ink)
- To people using a mobile device (cell phone, PDA, etc.) to visit the site (if their browser supports CSS) due to page size considerations.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost is $50 US per month for an exclusive run (no rotation). Payment must be made via PayPal after the ad has been approved. Once payment is received, the ad will go up within 48 hours. The month starts the first full day the ad is live.
What Else Should I Know?
We only want reputable sites and businesses advertising here, and all ads must be relevant to this site. All Web sites will be checked for appropriate content. All businesses will be evaluated as follows:
- Companies must have a Better Business Bureau rating of CC or better.
- Online businesses must have a lifetime score of 7.0 or higher and a six-month score of 5.0 or higher at Reseller Ratings.
- eBay sellers must have feedback of 90% or higher.