This section is for important site announcements. Items listed here may stay up longer or shorter than items in the Updates section.
If you like this site, please consider donating. No donation is too small, and anybody who donates will be added to the Hall of Fame. (See the "Top Reasons To Donate" list there, too.) Just click the PayPal button.
If you don't like these small solicitations, donating any amount will remove them for a year (if you have a compatible browser).
You can change the look of the site to something you prefer. Check the Preferences page to select the font size and color scheme you prefer. If you have suggestions for any new styles, please use the Contact page.
I encourage others to link to any page on the site they find useful. However, if you do, please use the URL displayed at the bottom of every page, not the one in the address bar of your browser. For an explanation of why, please see the Linking section of the Legal page.
This section lists the most recent site updates. To keep the size of this section down, entries about new links are removed after two weeks; entries about new content on this site are kept here for a month. If you want to see all updates, check the Update Archive.
If you have any comments on the updates, or want to request an update, please use the Contact page to let us know.December 31, 2011
I've updated my Windows CE History and Experience section with information about my switch to Android.
I've been involved in Windows CE since very early. To read more about me than you'll ever want to know, including what devices I've used and what I use with my current Pocket PC and Smartphone, visit the My History page.
I've written a number of rants about the Pocket PC and related issues. You can see all of them on my Thoughts and Opinions page. Here's a list of what's there:
- Windows Mobile New Year's Resolutions
- Why Windows Mobile Needs A Stylus
- My Case For Windows Mobile 2003 SE
- A Rebuttal To HP's Reasons For Not Producing A Windows Mobile 2003 SE Upgrade
- A Requiem For iPAQ Sleeves
- Why I Don't Want A Hard Disk In My Pocket PC
- ActiveSync New Year's Resolutions
- Rethinking Small Keyboards
- A Suggested Upgrade Policy
- One Device or Two?
- Compaq/HP iPAQ Innovation
Here are reviews of some hardware and software that I've used. A categorized list can be found on the Reviews page.
- RAM Motorola Q Dashboard Mount
- Will a dashboard mount work well for your device? Read this review and decide!
- Pocket PuTTY Pre-Alpha
- Do you need an SSH client? Would you like a free one? Read the review to find out if Pocket PuTTY is worth the price.
- Resco Explorer 2003 Version 5
- Do you want an excellent file browser that does a whole lot more? Then read the review to see if Resco Explorer is for you!
- Infiniter XP II 4-in-1 Stylus
- We have a new contender for the world's coolest stylus. Does it beat the Infiniter XP? Read the review and find out!
- Are you a person who loves to create lists? If so, you really should check out ListPro. Read the review to find out why.
- dotPocket Virtual Display and Remote Control Program
- dotPocket is a virtual display program that allows you to change the resolution and orientation of your screen. It also includes a remote control program to allow you to control your Pocket PC from your regular PC. How well does it work? Check it out!
- RhinoSleeve iPAQ Holster
- Rhinoskin has produced an aluminum holster for the iPAQ 3000 and 5000 models. How does it stack up to the iHolster for the iPAQ? Read on!
- Infiniter XP 4-in-1 Stylus
- Could this be the world's coolest stylus? Yes, it could. Find out why!
- CoPilot Live 4 Pocket PC
- This is not a full review, just some early impressions of the latest version of this GPS product. I will update this as I work with the product more.
- Pocket Euchre
- Do you like Euchre? Do you like free software? Then read the review to see why you'll like Pocket Euchre!
- Emerald Hunt
- Its graphics aren't the greatest, its user interface can be annoying, it's even hazardous to your Pocket PC. So why do I like this game so much? Read the review!
I've created some free things and placed them on the Downloads page. You can get:
I've created a few (hopefully) entertaining PDA-related pieces which are available on the Entertainment page.
Over the years, I've amassed a lot of links to interesting Windows CE and Windows Mobile sites. I've categorized them according to the following scheme:
- User Groups
- Device Manufacturers
- Hardware Companies
- Software Companies
- Software Archives
- Service and Upgrades
- Mobile Sites
Visit the Links page to see them all.